Always good to hear that people who make efforts will be awarded…. nothing better than a good incentive to motivate people on eco-tourism and responsible travel …
90 companies have been nominated for the first Green World Travel Awards.
Awards are in different categories:
– World’s Leading Conservation Company
– World’s Leading Eco-friendly Airport
– World’s Leading Eco-Lodge
– World’s Leading Green Destination
– World’s Leading Green Hotel
– World’s Leading Green Resort
– World’s Leading Green Tour Operator
– World’s Leading Green Transport Solution Company
– World’s Leading Responsible Tourism Scheme
– World’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Scheme
There are also regional categories for Africa, Asia, Australasia, the Carribean, Central America, Europe, the Indian Ocean, the Middle East, North America and South America.
The event will take place in Slovakia, the gateway to the “Alps Of The East” and a region packed full of history, culture, sights and fun. The event is to be held at AquaCity Poprad, a luxurious resort, virtually self-powered using geothermal water and the suns energy.
We will announce more details as we get more information on the event …
More info at http://www.worldtravelawards.com/